Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter is such a special time...


Today was a great day! We started out the morning with a visit from the Easter Bunny. He brought two baskets full of goodies that made the girls giddy with glee. He hid eggs all over the house! Jessi managed to open four eggs before we left for church. Her face was stained with jellybean delight. We celebrated Jesus with friends and Grandparents at church! After church, we took Daddy to Waffle House as his Easter treat. (Daddy loves Waffle House, Mommy despises it...however I took one for the team today and was very happy to do it ;-)) Laney and Jess both demolished Mommy's waffles. Surprise, surprise!! The world's pickiest eaters like Waffle House! When we got home, we went on a major egg hunt. Laney's basket was busting. Jessi felt it was more important to eat what was inside before we realized how much she had eaten. It is scary when they outfox you! Of course, we all settled down for a long Easter's nap to recharge for the family dinner at Richards' house. Once we got up, we went to Richards for dinner! That is my favorite part of holidays...being with family and friends...a great tradition at each holiday! The kids were all so happy to see each other! It is amazing to see how much they have all grown! As I watched them play, it brought back so many memories of playing at Richards' house as a child. I loved being there...my home away from home! I could have spent all day every day with Jennifer and Mike! I loved being with Nancy so much! It warms my heart to see her Grandchildren and my kiddos playing together and creating their own memories! What a spectacular day!! I am so blessed in so many ways!! I hope your day was wonderful as well!

No comments: