Friday, January 30, 2009

My Worries...

If I am struggling with a four year old, how will I ever survive teenage years? We started with the Terrible Twos and it just continues. Where does the attitude come from? The sassy mouth? The mood swings? It is so hard to watch your child go through these stages sometimes. I know that she is fostering her independence but my worry lies in what she will do with it as it grows and who she will become. I want her to be a strong, independent woman; however, I want her compassion, kindness, and goodwill to be just as strong. Over the years, I have heard many parents say that their child is completely different at home. I have a true appreciation for that now. My fear is that this attitude will carry over to school. It seems to be carrying over a bit now. This week has been rough. Does anyone have advice to keep me going in the right direction?

2 comments:

Adam said...

Sick steven on them......

Pam said...

It is definitely hard to watch your little one go through those changes and I COMPLETELY understand the sassiness!

And yes, they are completely different when they are away from home, but at least you know that some of what you are trying to teach her has stuck when people compliment her good behavior.