Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life is short...

In loving memory of my Grandma Gettie...

Today my Grandma decided to embark on a new journey. As I told Laney that Grandma Gettie had gone to heaven, she said "But who will she play with? When will she be back?" Ahhh, the sweet innocence of a child. It makes you stop and realize how precious each moment is...what is important to you...what should be important to you...letting go of the small things and seeing the bigger picture. I couldn't help but think of all the good times with my Grandma...walks at the cabin, roasting marshmallows, picking raspberries, lunch with just the two of us, shopping for school clothes, donuts at the coffee shop, visiting the MSU bookstore, going to the pool, I could just keep going. My heart feels so happy to know that my girls will have so many special memories with their Grandmas. They have no idea how lucky they are to be so close with their Grandparents. There is one gift that I will forever appreciate from my Grandma...my Dad. I feel truly honored to be his daughter. In a sad time, I look to find the meaning in the situation. Deep down I know that the meaning for me is to love and appreciate my parents for as long as God gives me the chance. They are a gift...just as children are to parents...parents are to their children.

5 comments:

BlessedMom said...

Thinking and praying for you and your family! Please let me know if you need anything.

Luv ya!

Kate said...

I will be praying for you guys. That was a lovely little tribute.

Pam said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We'll be praying for you guys.

Adam said...

Love you sis! I know how hard this is.

Holly said...

Praying for you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother.