Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 9, 2009...

My Grandma would have been very pleased with the memorial service. It truly was a celebration of her life. The morning started with a fresh snow. My Grandma loved a fresh snow. My Grandpa said, "It makes the world clean again." Jessi was in awe of the large snowflakes floating down. She watched out the window in amazement. For the graveside, the snow continued. It was beautiful. I have to say that it was very emotional...hard to leave her there. The family huddled together for the prayers and inspirational words. We then went to the church for the service. My Aunts wrote the eulogy. The words perfectly told the story of my Grandma. We laughed and cried. The music was moving. All in all a beautiful day...it is still so hard to believe though.

No comments: