Monday, December 15, 2008

Murphy strikes again...

My family has always made jokes involving Murphy...the law that it is always going to happen to me. Even at Christmas, Murphy leaves presents as if he were Santa. Well, Murphy now has an accomplice at my house. Today Jess and I were heading out to run errands. We got the diaper changed, found two matching shoes (that in itself is a huge accomplishment), socks and shoes stayed on for longer than 2 seconds (that is an even bigger accomplishment), put on my jacket, grabbed juice and a snack, got the to-do list, and started to put on the backpack. I couldn't find my key anywhere!!!!!!!! I have not ever lost it! I felt sick! Jess is running around giggling and I am feeling more frantic by the minute. I searched high and low...even looked through the grass in the front yard in the rain! Finally, I had to make the call of shame. I called Keith and told him I couldn't find my key. He had to pick Laney up from school...isn't he a sweetheart? After nap, Laney was going upstairs to get a toy. She started yelling, "Mommy, mommy I found your key!" I couldn't believe my eyes!!! She found it! Then I realized...Jessica Cailin is Murphy's accomplice. She had taken my key and put it in her shoe on the stairs! So much for loyalty!

1 comment:

BlessedMom said...

That's hilarious!! I saw Keith at the school; I was going to yell at him to ask where you were, but he was gone by the time I pulled around!!